Holistic leadership coach Amina AlTai will present the keynote at the inaugural Women In Optometry Summit, Flex Your Superpowers, on Wed., June 19, held at the University of Missouri St. Louis College of Optometry. Allergan is the lead sponsor of the event, and CooperVision is a platinum sponsor.
AlTai will focus first on the essential elements of living your best professional life, emphasizing methods to grow and flex leadership and negotiating skills. She will be followed by a panel discussion of women ODs, moderated by Dori M. Carlson, OD, FAAO. Dr. Carlson was the first woman OD to become president of the American Optometric Association and has continued honing her leadership skills and encouraging other ODs in the process. She will be joined on the panel by these leaders in optometry:
• Mamie Chan, OD, former president of the New Mexico Optometric Association and leader in a number of other local and national organizations
• Sherrol Reynolds, OD, FAAO, president of the National Optometric Association
• Rachael Wruble, OD, FAAO, vice president of the North Carolina Optometric Society and the recipient of the 2018 Young OD Theia Award from Women In Optometry
AlTai returns to talk about living your best personal life, noting that personal and professional satisfaction are intrinsically connected. She will again be followed by a panel of women ODs, moderated by Melissa Barnett, OD, FAAO, FSLS, clinician, specialty lens expert, lecturer, mentor and advocate for women in the profession. She’ll be joined by these leaders:
• Mary Anne Murphy, OD, who works a part-time schedule in her successful Colorado practice and encourages her associates and staff to do the same
• Maria Sampalis, OD, who launched the 25,000-member strong Corporate Optometry group on Facebook.
There is no cost to register for Flex Your Superpowers; breakfast begins at 8:30 a.m., and the program starts at 9 a.m. and includes lunch, which will feature discussion questions and networking time. Register today at womeninoptometry.com/summit as seating is limited.