Optometrists attending Vision Expo West know they will get a world-class exhibit hall experience, but this year, they can expect even more. Optometrists attending this year’s meeting will benefit from a significant increase in CE hours: 388 hours of CE compared to 80 hours offered at last year’s Expo. This always-popular meeting will be held from Sept. 21-25, 2011 in the Sands Expo Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Vision Expo West 2011 has designed a continuing education program that encompasses three core competencies essential to O.D.s: Disease Diagnosis, Treatment and Management; Clinical Application of Products; and Healthy Business Solutions.
Highlights from this year’s CE lineup include:
• Clinical/Medical: From diagnosis and treatment of disease to contact lenses, pharmacology, neurology and nutrients, you’ll gain insight and best practices from leading clinicians that will enable you to practice to the fullest extent of your license.
• Business Solutions: This innovative series includes 39 exclusive business solutions courses to increase efficiency, improve practice management and provide comprehensive patient care.
In addition to
world-class continuing education offerings, Vision Expo West 2011 will
also feature its renowned exhibit hall showcasing the latest fashions
ranging from well-known to emerging brands.
• Optical Technology: Gain access to the latest information on processing equipment and lens and frame technology and the clinical application of these products for increased patient satisfaction.
• Contact Lenses: Comprehensive and extensive educational offerings range from the entry-level Boot Camp for technicians and opticians to contemporary hot topics such as lens care. Advanced sessions on topics such as scleral lens technologies will also be offered.
• Board Certification Review: Need help preparing for the Board Certification Exam? International Vision Expo West, in conjunction with Optometry Board Certified, LLC, will offer 20 hours of review courses specifically designed to provide optometrists with comprehensive preparation for the Board Certification Exam. Essentials in Eyecare will offer clinically relevant information on all aspects of optometric care, a unique curriculum design and teaching method to foster clinical problem solving, and a diverse faculty comprised of recognized experts. Essentials in Eyecare provides distinctive, clinically relevant continuing education for all optometrists, says Joseph Pizzimenti of Optometry Board Certified. It is also excellent preparation for those that plan to sit for the Board Certification Examination being offered by the American Board of Optometry, he adds.
• Visionomics: 15 courses will focus on tips for assessing and maximizing the profits and profitability of a practice in any economy.
• Management & Business Academy: The acclaimed MBA program offers effective management strategies and proven methods for independent optometric practices to optimize patient satisfaction and financial performance. The MBA is a comprehensive day-and-a half program for optometrists and their practice staff, comprising 10 hours of classroom instruction from a faculty of five distinguished optometrists, plus a workshop. Participants may complete an optional pre-meeting survey to generate a custom financial analysis of their practice.
• Frame Buyers Certificate Program: This course offers 13 hours of content dedicated to streamlining the process of managing, monitoring, positioning and promoting your frame inventory.
Need to find out what
are the latest cutting edge technologies for your practice? Just take a
stroll down the exhibit hall floor and meet one-on-one with hundreds of
exhibitors who will give you a first-hand demonstration.
• Staff Training and Cross Training: Grow your business and enhance patient care by building the skills of your entire staff. From Boot Camp for new hires to hands- on workshops, this is the most cost effective way to engage and educate your team.
• Allied Health: This course includes 16 hours of education designed for technologists, paraoptometrics and assistants. Expand your ophthalmic practice knowledge from history taking to examination and discover ways to assist and add value in a medical environment.
• Cursos de Español: This course offers 10 hours of education custom-designed to meet the needs of Spanish-speaking attendees.
From expanded CE to the latest in fashion and technology waiting for you on the exhibit hall floor, you won't want to miss Vision Expo West 2011!
For more information, go to