Air Optix plus HydraGlyde
Alcon has a new monthly replacement silicone hydrogel lens option to offer your patients, called Air Optix plus HydraGlyde. Two unique attributes—a wetting agent and a protective outer layer—help to keep it wet and to resist lipid deposition, which should enhance comfort, according to the company.
The company also recently shared two additional updates to its contact lens portfolio:
• The AquaComfort Plus daily contact lens will now be sold with a fresh, new design and come with illustrated preparation, insertion and removal instructions, a helpline phone number and email address and the Alcon Dailies website address.
• Finally, the Dailies Total1 line of multifocals offers expanded parameters. It now ranges from +6.00D to -10.00D and comes in three add powers, Alcon says.
Contact Lens Recycling Program
Bausch + Lomb now gives your patients the ability to help the Earth with a new contact lens recycling campaign called #OneByOne, in partnership with the recycling company TerraCycle. With the #OneByOne campaign, patients can recycle all of their lenses and blister packs. Typically, these materials are excluded by recycling facilities when mixed with other items, B+L says.
D-Eye New iPhone App Version and Bumper Design
D-Eye now offers a new version of their iPhone app and quick release bumper design, compatible with iPhone 5 and all newer iPhone models.
New features in the D-Eye App 2.0 include additional image editing capabilities and an image mask that allows users to highlight the posterior pole in real time. The new app update also includes auto focus calibration for myopic, hyperopic and emmetropic eyes, to save exam time, according to the company.
Topcon, in partnership with newly acquired company ifa, now participates in the vendor-neutral Picture Archive Communication System for data sharing. ImageNet Connect includes the following, according to Topcon:
- Vendor-neutral archive compatible with more than 450 devices.
- All clinical information available on one program.
- Efficient workflow management.
- Intelligent patient flow to track progress from check-in to check-out.
- Statistics to optimize practice workflow and minimize patient waiting time.
- Integrtion of test interpretations, clinical remarks, diagnosis and treatment plans.
Multidose Restasis Bottle
Practitioners can now offer patients the choice of a multidose bottle in place of single-use vials. A unidirectional valve and air filter eliminates the need for a preservative, according to Allergan.
New NSAID Available
BromSite (bromfenac ophthalmic solution) is now available in the United States. It is the first NSAID approved to prevent ocular pain and treat ocular inflammation following cataract surgery, according to Sun Pharma.
Xen Gel Stent
Allergan will launch the newly approved Xen glaucoma treatment system in early 2017, a stent 6mm long and about the width of a human hair. It is injected through a small self-sealing corneal incision using a preloaded injector similar to that of an IOL. Xen is indicated for the management of refractory glaucomas, cases of previous surgical failure and glaucoma patients unresponsive to maximum tolerated medical therapy, Allergan says.